Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Singles Conference is Over

So last January I was called as a co-chair in charge of our ward's Huntington Beach Mid Singles Conference. This year was the third year of this conference. Registration at this conference has been between 800-1200. This is a huge group to plan activities for. This was a lot of work for me. Luckily I got lots of help from my friends and family. The conference was a hit. We had around 920 registered this year. The hardest part of this calling for me was that I had to speak on Sunday during our 2 hour sacrament meeting. There were around 1200 people there on Sunday. This was soooo nerve racking for me. I don't like speaking in my own ward - let alone in front of that large of a group. We did have a lot of fun. On Saturday night we had a group called 80's All Starz play for us. We found them at Disneyland, everyone really enjoyed the band's music. On Friday night we had a Robo-Surfer - kind of like a mechanical bull that you ride, instead there was a surf board to ride. It was a lot of fun. Here is a picture of me riding it - before the crowds got there.










This is me on the Robo Surfer before it started moving. It was easier to stay on that way.







This is me trying to ride it once it started to move. It threw me off a few times. When I got off the surfboard I could barely walk. I had to sit down and people brought me food and water. I had been working all day to set everything up and hadn't had much to eat so by body was not ready for the surf board ride.

No comments: